Monday 4 June 2007

Big Day in Homerville

Yesterday was a BIG day for Homer.

It was the day he got himself a ladyfriend. The ladyfriend in question is Beaububbly Sunbangles, or Jezabella.. she is also an oriental lilac and very beautiful.

Jezzie is 18 months old and came home with me yesterday.

The story starts here....
-----


Part One

She's home.. She's re-designed the cat igloo to her own tastes.. it's sideways with the padding on the front.. so we can just see a BIT of Jezzie if we look round.. She's in the bathroom at the moment, not ideal, but at least it's quiet.. or would be if Homer wasn't outside serenading her...! He ran in when I went in to put her some water in... and they kind of sniffed each other... Homer was totally relaxed.. but did give a bit of a hiss and a sort of growly meow.. Jezzie meowed back... then I took him out.. but now he knows she's there and he is prowling around...

No teeth or claws, no puffing up.. on either side...at least not yet anyway... I'm leaving her to settle now.. she has food, water, a litter tray and a bed...

the trip down and back was uneventful, and I've been back for 45 mins now.. settled Jez, had lunch and a cuppa.

Jill was lovely and we sat chatting for an hour, I could happily have stayed for ages.. LOL... but thought I had better get back... So we catnapped Jezzie into the basket.. poor thing she fought like a tiger and gave me the benefit of her lovely contralto all the way home.. every so often I heard clawing noises, and when I stopped at some lights I saw her through the slats, on her side legs up, scratching and making a good job of singing along to Noel Gallagher on the stereo... She has a very similar voice actually the same tone! LOL... although her's is nicer...

I can hear Homer in the landing, pacing... not sure what he makes of it all yet.. he has yet to let me know... It seems that Jezzie is just a TEENY bit bigger than Homer.. but she is very dainty and ladylike with small paws and fine legs.. Homer is at the moment, long and thin, but has huge paws and thicker legs with more muscle tone.. Mind you he never stops, so maybe that's why! LOL

He is just here now.. .snuggled up to my left side purring, so obviously not too upset with the proceedings.. I have a blanket that was in with Jezzie here on the bed.. so he is sniffing that open mouthed now... I rubbed it all over him earlier, so he smelled of Jezzie a bit too.. it must be very confusing as that rug smells of him too...


Part Two


Well things are getting better... Homer came into the bathroom with me just now.. and said hello to Jezzie, who said hello back.. she is still very scared, of course, and was curled up in the litter tray! As it's a hooded one, she probably felt more secure.. but I thought what if she needs a pee? or worse? So I took the hood off.. she looked terrified poor baby..

But I made her bed more comfy and moved it away from the door, and it's now in the corner by the loo... again not ideal, but she saw it and left the tray and went in and lay down in the bed... I put my nightdress in there with her, it's probably a bit ripe! It was hot last night.. But it will hopefully let her get my scent without me being there...

Homer sat next to her and sniffed her.. she sniffed him back.. I put some toys in there with her, and she did think seriously about playing with one for a bit.. but she looks at me with scared pleading eyes as if to say.. WHY did you kidnap me? Poor Jezzie I feel so mean...

Naughty Homer then ate some of her food! So he obviously isn't phased at all!

I have left them in there together, they are just staring at one another, but it's very peaceful, I'd say they definately remember each other. The bathroom door is wedged open so Homer can get out if he wants to, but the dog can't get in.. I shall save THAT meeting for a day or so I think.. although the dog is very interested and wants in.. mostly because of the food in there I think! LOL..



Part Three

I went into the bathroom to find Jez on the windowsill, looking out the 'open'!!! window!! eek! I grabbed her and she dug her claws into the seal! LOL.. fortunately we got her off and the window is now shut..

She then started rubbing round me and purring.. so obviously she just needed some contact... she hisses at Homer, who is a complete sweetheart and just sits there looking bewildered at her behaviour!

She's still in the bathroom and I've left her some food, pichards, which so far has been spurned, but she's been in the litter tray a wee, so things are getting there and it's still only the first afternoon!

Part Four

Homer is quite upset.. Jezzie threw him out of her bed! LOL.. naughty boy jumped in when I wasn't looking... she was quite firm on the subject... "sir ! I hardly know you! Please cease and desist!" or words and paws to that effect...

Poor Homer looks so dejected... He's in bed here with me now... and keeps looking into the shadows, as if he can see her... I feel so sorry for both of them.. I know they're going to be friends though. Neither of them are scared... Jezzie is just cross he's taking so many liberties... He may 'know' her, but she certainly doesn't know him.. not yet anyway.. But there still have been no puffed tails... just a bit of 'swearing' and Jezzie hits him with her paws when he comes too close..

Part Five - Monday

Well.. it's 5.30 am... I'm on the floor in the landing.

Jezzie and Homer are in my son's room exploring and getting to know one another...

A worrying trend with Homer is he will grab her by the scruff and then jump on her! Not sure if this is his way of saying this is MY home you obey me.. or Stand still I want to shag you! Jezzie is standing her ground however and if he gets too obnoxious will hiss at him, then he backs off...

I can't let her out alone to explore as I would want, as Homer yells the place down when I do... she also spends all HER time standing on the other side yelling BACK! I would say Homer is completely and totally besotted.. he is ignoring me completely whilst she's there.. Jezzie is letting me stroke her it's really freaky..

Really not sure if Homer HATES her or WANTS her body NOW.. either way he is being agressive without any growling or hissing.. but he definately wants to dominate her.. she on the other hand wants to dominate HIM... I guess they have to work it out... and as long as I am here to oversee them.. I think it'll be OK... just have to give it time I suppose.

Part Six

Jez is now IN my wardrobe! LOL.. she decided that is where she wanted to be, so after taking her out 33 times, I gave up.. and put her bed in there too! She's on the floor, the doors are double opening, so she is behind the closed bit.. but the door is open so she can see out.. just nobody can see IN...

Homer is in a real strop! Being as naughty as it's possible for him to be.. he is shut out of my room, which he is anyway during the day, I have to shut the doors when I am out as the dog has been known to use the bed as a loo...

I am at work this morning, but I don't think that'll be a problem for Jezzie she is sleeping now after us all being up since 5am..

Homer is used to it too, and after he calms down a bit.. he has been bombing up and down the lawn like a cat possessed... Now he is stalking the house yelling then racing around, climbing on things, falling off... generally attention seeking behaviour...

I must admit I was a bit worried about the neck grabbing.. I thought he was trying to Bonk her.. but I think, maybe it's a play/dominance thing... Only Jezzie is not having any of it, so there have been a few fisticuffs, but nothing serious... she yells at him.. gives a hiss and waves her paw at him.. and he backs off like he's been shot...

No puffy tails or anything though..

The DOG will be a different story however.. she is terrified.. as she's never met a dog before... But Amy is very laid back, and if I can keep her off the cats FOOD.. she won't even bother Jezzie...

Honestly BOTH Homer and Amy are attempting to break into my room and steal the food! Homer has his own down here! It's exactly the same.. but obviously forbidden fruit and all that.. he wants HERS! Maybe it's also a dominance thing?

Part Seven

the morning went OK.. No evidence of trouble anyway.. Homer was on his cat tree when I came home, so he can see when I come home...

I am in the bedroom now, Jezzie is in the wardrobe... and Homer is resting outside... they can see each other, but neither of them has moved.

Jez ate a bowl of food this morning, and has attacked her biscuits I left down when I went out.. so that's good.. she's been in the litter tray again.. Homer is extremely interested in that! I guess it's her smell...undiluted...

I can't actually see them from where I am.. but I occasionally hear a little mmmmmmr from one or other of them.. or both..

She came out when I got home to say Hi... but did give a little Hiss when I opened the wardrobe.. so she obviously wants it closed.. So that's OK.. I only need to open it once a day...

Homer pinned her to the floor again.. but it's like he isn't quite sure WHY he's doing it... She doesn't seem distressed when he does it... just lets him get on with it... I guess she's come from a big cat family.. she's used to that..

Part Eight - Lilac Lunchtime

I fed them together today at lunchtime..

Then they had something of a play.. well they jumped around each other.. Homer seems to have stopped grabbing her scruff now.. and seems a bit scared of her..

I have to go up the school to get my son in 10 mins, I'm going to take the dog with me and let them have the run of the house together... I hope that's a good idea.. I will only be out half an hour!

OMG.. they ARE playing! Jezzie just chased Homer into the bedroom... there was just fireworks! If Homer gets too close he gets a hiss and a paw.. whereupon he leaps backwards like someone electrocuted him...

They ARE getting on.. but with reservations.. and Homer is jealous as hell.. as he's been my baby for so long.. Now Jezzie is - in his eyes - taking me away from him... but still wants to be he friend.. must be so hard...

Oh and Homer has the runs..! Poor baby. . must be stress.. I'm going to get them both fish for tea...

Well better go now... keep fingers crossed the house is still standing when I get back!!



Is this a mirror?



Homer and Jezzie chat over lunch..



The Beautiful Jesabella



Homer the worried intrepid explorer...

Part Nine


I came back to find them both in the wardrobe.. Jezzie in the bed and Homer on the top of the laundry basket...

Now my son, myself and the dog are all in here with Jezzie.. she's in the wardrobe... but even so! LOL..

New Movie out soon..

The Lilacs, the dog and the wardrobe..

No comments:

Indiana Homer - His Blog

Indiana Homer welcomes you to his blog, and hopes you will stay for a while. Read on to find out all about him..